Much like Apple’s “Continuity” feature, Microsoft’s Fall Creators update for Windows 10 brings with it the ability to start reading something on one device, and continue on another.
It takes a little bit of setup on both your PC and mobile device, but once it’s installed and ready to go you can instantly switch between devices without the annoying go-between of cloud-based sharing on OneNote, text messages, or emailing yourself the link.
On your PC
- Right-click the start button and select Settings.
- Click Phone.
- Click Add a phone.
- Select your country code in the dropdown to the left and add your phone number to the middle section.
- Click Send.
On your phone
- Open the text message and tap the link.
- Click Install when prompted to download Microsoft Edge.
- Tap Open.
- Sign in to your Microsoft account.
Using the feature from a mobile device
- From Chrome, click the More menu on the right side to open.
- Click Share.
- Tap Continue on PC.
- Choose your PC from the list of available options.
- How to Use Microsoft Excel Like a Pro
- How to Use Microsoft Word Like a Pro
- How to Use Google Docs Like a Pro